Saturday, December 29, 2007

Miscellaneous musings

On the house front, we did close on the 30th of November...yippee! No more worrying over that.
I started another blog, www.babystorytime.blogspot.com to keep track of all my baby pictures. And to let others see the cutest kids in the world.
I got a job, posted a few back, and yes it is the kind that I'm just making a paycheck at. I like the people but the "work" part is kind of the same thing as I did before and didn't like. Go figure. But I was in a financial bad way so I'm digging out of that before re-evaluating the future.
My friends in my writers group are doing an attainable goal list for the coming year and I thought about it and as usual don't like to do goals because I tend to lose track of them and only disappoint myself when I realize I didn't do them.
But...I still do it. Am I Masochistic? Probably. (2. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification. definition from dictionary.com)
I'm trying to think about the word attainable. I guess you call things you want to happen and that you can work to achieve goals, but what of dreams? A dream is a wish your heart makes-to borrow from Disney-and I am a DREAMER. I guess that's why I don't normally do the "attainable" kind of goal making. I might make that my goal to work on this year. Do you have goals or are they secretly dreams?
No matter what...have fun and don't settle, at least not for too long.
Love ya and see you with new thoughts and ideas in two thousand and eight!
Kim

Travel goal - Ireland

No comments: