Friday, January 25, 2008

New day, new year...

Just a quick hello and Happy New Year! Still working the job, finding a little time to write and getting myself into trouble, but in a good way!
Something I really believe in is hair donation. I lost my father to cancer in 1994 after an eleven year battle. He like many cancer patients lost his hair. Now my dad was a bit vain about looking sharp and after the first time he lost his hair we of course couldn't afford a nice wig so he had to make do with one "off the shelf". But after the second time he was able to get a nice wig made special for him and that came in handy the third and final time. Knowing how much it meant to him I have started donating my hair to Locks of Love. The first time I donated 10 inches, then I donated about 11 inches the next time. Thankfully my hair grows fast so I can continue to donate and I did. This time to Pantene's beautiful lengths, www.beautifullengths.com to find out more. I had 9 inches cut this month to add to the million inch chain. How attached are you to your hair? What if you lost your hair? I think of this every time. It's not easy to cut your hair and I tend to hold on to the last moment. But I always feel so much better when I get it cut and know that it is going to serve someone more than it was serving me.
Do something get this year!

No comments: