Thursday, June 11, 2009

The day after

I was lucky enough to be invited (told to go) to a conference hosted by my company yesterday. The site is two hours away from my company and I was to come into work and do the first part of my job (the hard part that no one else wants to do) then come down after I finished (be there for lunch). I start with getting my key fob (security for entrance into the building) set for 5 AM verses the normal 6 AM (the fob lets you in 15 minutes before you start time). I arrive at 5:08 and the fob does NOT work. I keeping checking every 15 minutes until 5:45 (my regular time) when I am finally able to get in. **Bad start for the day ahead** Well, I have a light day (THANK YOU GOD) and so I finish up this at 9:30. Off I go to the conference. I arrive at 20 til 12, lunch is at 12:15 (horrible food at that) and then proceed to sit through 3 hours and 30 minutes of speakers (this is my company hosting, so the information is nothing to the actual work I do--so boring). Then we have a free hour to freshen up for the dinner and keynote speaker, (Steve Gilliland-totally awesome speaker) and delicious dinner (Pine Needles Hotel). Now, I said no one wants to do my job so I'm expected to be at work the next morning to do my job as normal. When the speaker finishes at 9:47 PM I get in my car to enjoy the next two hours in my car heading home (super nasty lightening and rain storm--low to no visibility) and make it home at midnight. Today is a blur and I only hope that I can catch up on my sleep tonight. Forget that I have a program I'm participating in called First Draft in 30 Days of which today is Day 5 and as yesterday was a bust I'm a day behind!!!

No comments: