Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another day

Got to go to my writer's group meeting this past Saturday. Was so happy to see everyone. We had a wonderful agent, Scott Eagan, visiting and speaking to our little group. Check out Carolina Romance Writers to see up-coming events.
So yesterday my family received some exciting and surprising news...my cousin Michael and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in September. This is the first baby in our immediate family in thirty years! So even under the "not-so-ideal" situation we are happy for them.
This weekend a couple of us are going to the Loch Norman Highland Games in Huntersville, NC. If you're in the area you won't want to miss this!

I found an old clipping I cut out of our local paper, Winston Salem Journal in the section, Thought for Today.
"When I was a young man I vowed never to marry until I found the ideal woman. Well, I found her-but, alas, she was waiting for the perfect man." Robert Schuman, French statesman (1886-1963)
Reading this made me think how much this statement is true for me. I'm going to work on it. Promise.

No comments: