Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Working life

My favorite "talk" radio happens to be Matt and Ramona on 107.9 in
Charlotte www.mattandramona.com and they have this thing called Tirade Tuesday. The meaning
behind this is people call in with their tirades and, in a way, are able to
get “it” off their chest. Well today is Tuesday!
So, when you go and interview for a job and they say, "You'll be able to
work overtime?" you quickly reply, "Yes." Now your yes can mean many
things, mine comes with a silent , “within reason.” My job is a Monday through Friday
7:30 am to 4:00 pm schedule and when you have mandatory overtime of 10
hours a week for two weeks, then 5 hours for a week and then a holiday
week for which you come back to two more weeks of 5 hours each you tend
to make that work during the week, because lets face it I like my
weekends free of the worry and stress of "WORK"! So when your management
request people to volunteer to come in on Saturday and Sunday of the
week you already have to put in 5 hours are they seriously thinking I'm
coming? I hope not. Seems like you may need to be doing some hiring. I'm
thinking I need to find a way to travel in time and reconsider my job
choices…what am I say if I have a time traveling machine I’ll be rich.

No comments: