Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And the work continues

So, sorry its been so long since posting, but the overtime is still going strong. Oh, how I miss the days of worrying if I'd ever find a job after the remodeling!
It's coming up on a year at my current position. Which usually means I'm itching to do something different. I like my job ok and besides have you seen the job market lately? Seriously, I'v grateful for the job and I like most of the people. (That accounts for a BIG, HUGE part of the staying.)
Still looking to get paid for doing something I love...I just don't know what that is.
As for writing, I've been being a little lax in that too. When you're good at something (procrastination being the key word) keep at it. I have been reading some reference books on researching stories and plotting so I'm getting antsy to delve back in full throttle. I especially hope to get my website up sooner, rather than later.
I did manage a vacation last week. (If I didn't take the time off I'd lose it.) We headed down to New Orleans, LA and then back up to Gatlinburg, TN. A lot of driving and a bit of a temperate change. Not super impressed with New Orleans. Glad I had a chance to go back, having gone when I was a teenager many years ago. But a day was definitely enough. I'm a simple girl and I'm not big into crowds. Saving up for Ireland next year, as long as I don't continue to spend my money!! 
I just bought a Kindle from Amazon.com and I'm loving it and I'm thinking about buying another TV for my office to also use as a monitor. But I had better wait. I'll let you know how that works out...
Until the next time. BYE

No comments: